Prayuth has come out to back PM Yingluck’s holding the Defense Minister portfolio. “The decision [to take on the defence portfolio] lies with the prime minister and the government. We subordinates must respect the decision made by our superiors. I believe this decision will improve the southern situation because she can make decisions and issue orders immediately,” Gen Prayuth said. Prayuth says the situation in the far South should improve following PM Yingluck’s decision to concurrently become defence minister. The security situation in the far South should improve following Prime Minister Yingluck decision to take on the post of defence minister, national army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Wednesday. Gen Prayuth also said the mid-year military reshuffle will be free of political influence. The premier had already given an assurance the government will not intervene, he added. Analyst says, even if Yingluck wanted to have a voice in the reshuffle it would be difficult, as the 2006 coup military, gives the power on appointment to the military.
- Will Yingluck include “Grade A” people into her cabinet re-shuffle? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai cabinet reshuffle aims to boost credibility & army’s trust: analysts (channelnewsasia.com)
- PM Yingluck in Tokyo Roadshow, pushing ASEAN & Dawei (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai PM takes key defence cabinet post (channelnewsasia.com)
- Thais in Deep South mostly supports Yingluck’s government talks with militant (aseandefense.wordpress.com)