The Royal Thai Air Force is set to request a budget from the Defense Ministry to build unmanned aerial vehicle system (UAV) on an industrial basis. RTAF Commander-in-Chief Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong, in a talk on “RTAF Vision towards ASEAN”, ACM Prajin indicated that he will be seeking a fund from the Defense Ministry to press on with research and development of the unmanned aerial vehicle system, which started in 2010 under code-name “Tiger Shark”. The project is a joint effort between the Royal Thai Air Force Academy and the ATAF Research and Development Center. Air Chief Marshal Prajin added he had an idea to produce unmanned aerial vehicles for export to promote Thailand as ASEAN’s hub of the UAVs. Apart from Thailand, Indonesia is also developing drones.
- Thai airforce to develop drones for a Thailand “Drones Hub” for export to ASEAN (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thailand Moving to Upgrade its F-16 Fleet (aseandefense.wordpress.com)
- A group of journalist have met & their conclusion is that Thailand needs a coup (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- A group of journalist says Thailand needs a coup (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Flying Turkey (droninglawyer.com)